Sunday, April 15, 2012

New Cars, Dead laptops, Prom Dresses and Writing

Aha this is what my life the last week has consisted of...We will take the new car first. My daughter's first car, given to her by her grand parents, God Bless their hearts, is awesome. A 2002 Ford Taurus with the spoiler on the back. It's a silver Queen named Taurie for short. My darling daughter names all inanimate objects and gives them feelings so of course "she" had to have a name befitting a Queen. This car will get up and go and quite frankly she will fly. I hope that my darlin' daughter doesn't get a ticket. LOL. Her Daddy would have a fit.

The laptop...I thought it was dead, but alas it had to be totally stripped. All files, pictures, essays, Senior Project notes all gone bye-bye. Tears were shed, and the better part of two weeks have been spent trying to get back to where I was in my story. I thankfully did manage to save a good bit of the writing and I have a back up plan these days and load all to the internet. (egads!) Hopefully it will save me some time in the future

Thirdly? Prom. Oh, yes. It's THAT time of year. Sparkly dresses, the nerve wracking decisions of how to wear one's hair, flowers, corsages and boutonnieres, oh my do we go with white with silver ribbon? Nail biting decisions I have to tell you. The ultimate search for the 'perfect' pair of shoes, the perfect dress, and how on earth will she wear her hair. I think we have it all figured out and hopefully it will be a smash hit. I think my daughter is going to look smashing! I'll maybe post a picture or two later in the week. I am nothing if not a proud Mama. All you young girls going to Prom I hope that you have a great night. Be safe, smart and above all else have a great time

Then we come to the writing. I have to admit I almost lost my mind of the laptop blue screen ordeal but I've been writing every day. I'm happy to say I'm done with the rough draft through chapter four. I like it and it hasn't been easy. How do you replicate work? Things always change, and previous lost words, even while well liked are not the same. You have to gone on though and that's what I've done.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!

Oh, and here is a picture of the hair-style selection...I think it looks good


No comments:

Post a Comment